The ISLM Bookmark Exchange Project will run again for 2016 and registration is now open.
The Bookmark Exchange Project involves matched schools making homemade bookmarks (any style, shape, etc – be creative) to exchange with each other.
This year, Breege O’Brien of Ireland returns to co-ordinate the Bookmark Exchange Project. Last year, due to personal circumstances, Breege was unable to coordinate the Project and much thanks is due to Marie O’Brien of Australia and her team who took over the Project to ensure this popular ISLM activity could take place in 2015.
The Bookmark Exchange Project is a simple, fun way of sharing the pleasure and delights of books and libraries and of making new friends through school libraries worldwide. If you and your students did not get involved last year perhaps you will this year.
You might wish your students to communicate with their partnered school (s) as you make your bookmarks so that they can learn something about another culture and a different way of life. Alternatively, your students might do an in-depth investigation about each other’s localities. If you don’t want to do either of these things you can simply just swap bookmarks or devise your own activity. What you make of your exchange is entirely up to you.
You will be able to register your interest by entering your details into a Google Spreadsheet
If you are unable to use the spreadsheet you can email Breege O’Brien directly at email@example.com Please make sure, if you are emailing your information, that you include as much of the following information as you can:
- your school’s name
- your school’s full postal address
- the grade/grades of the students to be involved
- the approximate age of the students in each separate group
- the number of students in each group (this is very important to ensure you are matched to a school or other group of a similar size)
- your Bookmark Coordinator’s contact information (name and email address – include a contact email where you can be reached during any school holidays)
Matching will be taking place between August and the end of September.
Please note the following:
- You should aim to send the bookmarks to your matched school in October or as soon after that as possible
- In order to avoid disappointment for students and teachers in your matched school, please follow through on your bookmark swap commitment.
Please register for the project, using either the Google spreadsheet or by email, as soon as possible. If you have sent us your details and have not had them acknowledged by the end of August please resend them.
For more information and/or assistance contact Breege O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org, Bookmark Exchange Project Coordinator